Business without barriers
We have joined forces to make barrier-free accessibility part of every company's business strategy to take into account the interests and needs of all people.
Make barrier-free accessibility an integral part of corporate culture in Ukraine.
Introduce the practice of sharing experience in implementing barrier-free accessibility between businesses.
To disseminate knowledge about the best business cases of barrier-free implementation among the business community and the general public.
Scale the positive experience to as many companies in Ukraine as possible.
Trends. Why is it important?
We cannot change our age, race or gender. We are born and live with different health conditions, and it happens that they change dramatically, and then our abilities and needs change. But our rights to work, education and communication, creativity, participation in society remain unchanged and equal for all.
Barrier-free business (diversity, equality and inclusion) is already a matter of survival, because diversity among customers and professionals in the labor market is growing very quickly, and companies must respond to this.
2.7 million people with disabilities,
- most disabilities are acquired in adulthood;
- 70% of employees with disabilities do not require workplace adaptation.
10.1 million people over 60 years old,
- most of them are professional and loyal employees;
- in developed countries, less than 25% of people support the stereotype of the success of companies where mostly young people work.
about 66% of citizens believe that CEOs:
- should lead rapid changes instead of waiting for the state to force them
- should step in when the government fails to solve social problems and be responsible to the community as well.
In companies that have implemented barrier-free values
- by 1.8 times
increased the efficiency of processes
- 1.3 times
increased customer satisfaction
- by 2 times
increased employee engagement
This is a movement towards the absence of barriers for the elderly, people with disabilities, parents of children under 6 years of age, young people without work experience that arise when:
- searching for employees and hiring them;
- adaptation and training of employees at the workplace and in the team;
- developing products and services for your customers;
- designing spaces for interaction with your customers.
These are effective communications:
- with suppliers about the need to implement barrier-free values;
- with customers, employees and the general public about the implemented barrier-free measures.
Where to start?
Appoint an executive leader for barrier-free accessibility
Coordinate all actions from one center, create a team and attract resources.
Почати з аудиту процесів та просторів — важливо почути своїх співробітників та клієнтів
Інвестувати в прозорий аудит, щоб побачити ваші процеси та простори очима співробітників та клієнтів, не бійтеся результатів.
Start with an audit of processes and spaces — it is important to hear from your employees and customers
Invest in a transparent audit to see your processes and spaces through the eyes of employees and customers, don't be afraid of the results.
Identify any barriers for colleagues and customers
Look for accessibility barriers that may prevent you from hiring or serving people from certain social groups.
Study the experience of other companies and collaborate with NGOs and experts
Study the cases of businesses that already have significant experience in implementing barrier-free solutions, involve NGOs that deeply understand the needs of the elderly, people with disabilities, parents of children under 6 years old, young people without work experience.
Review your internal and external communications
Think about how you could represent and speak to a wider range of people, including older people, people with disabilities, parents of children under 6.
It is unlikely that you already have the necessary expertise to audit and adapt processes and spaces to meet the needs of all groups, so make sure you are working with people who can help.
Members of the Business without Barriers community
- Auchan Ukraine
- PUMB Bank
- Fairmont Grand Hotel Kyiv and Riviera House hotel group
- Danone Group of Companies in Ukraine
- Yakaboo book platform
- Coca-Cola Ukraine
- ATB Corporation
- Silpo supermarket
- Trading network "Foxtrot"
- Asters Law Firm
- 1+1 Media
- IT-company ЕРАМ Україна
- McDonald’s Ukraine
- SOKAR Energy Ukraine