Expectant mothers, self-employed persons and maternity leave
Expectant mothers registered as individual entrepreneurs are entitled to paid maternity leave — this was reported by the project eMalyatko
How to receive payments and what is required for this? Just a three-step instruction.
Step 1: prepare documents
- certificate of incapacity for work (issued by a doctor at about 30 weeks of pregnancy);
- statement-calculation, which calculates the amount of maternity leave, can be downloaded here: https://bit.ly/2NvJVRL);
- certificate of payment of single social contribution for the last 12 months, including the month of issuance of the decree (you can order it online at your taxpayer's account or at the tax office)
- bank account number for social payments (for entrepreneurs);
- passport, tax number, employment record book (if available), extract from the Unified State Register.
Step 2: Submit documents
Contact the Social Insurance Fund at the place of registration https://bit.ly/3i1eVXV and submit documents..
Step 3: Get payments
Please note: the number of benefits depends on the number of vacation days and the amount of single social contribution paid by the female self-employed person. The larger the amount of single social contribution, the greater the number of maternity benefits. The main condition for receipt is the absence of arrears or fines for the payment of a single social contribution. It should be noted that a female self-employed person is not exempt from paying single social contribution for the period of maternity leave.
Pregnancy benefits are paid by the Social Insurance Fund for temporary disability.